Forums > Any other business > The Grand Tour

THE GRAND TOUR
Prev | 1..6..9101112 | Next

This is still pretty dreadfull. The colours are bad, banter awful and I've no idea who it's pitched at. The guests are tragic this week too. Hugh Bonneville who's not interested in cars vs a man no one has ever heard of but has a bear, and is not interested in cars.

I'm glad I'm not helping to pay for this anymore! :lol:

--

Cheers,

Gwaredd

steelesigns.co.uk

#Farmkhana :lol::lol::lol:

--

Defacing the evo forum since 2000

_Who_ said...

Was amusing but they should have mentioned there were at least 2 Imprezas as it clearly had a large roll cage in some scenes then nothing in others. They'd picked up on Hammond fir driving 2 different cars in the same piece so it would have made sense.

Also, Hammond and supercars: I wonder how much their insurance has gone up? I mean, two for two is pretty bad :lol:

--

“Agree. F430 Scud was the best automated manual ever created for me.” Harry Metcalfe, Dec ‘17.

I don't like where the test driver says "Let's do this!" or something equally cringeworthy when she starts and then silence. Either she speaks or she doesn't!

The farm bit was sh1t, they swear too much. Other than that letdown it looked like it as going to be the best one yet.

--

Tim

Skoda Octavia vRS. Ducati 748 Biposto. BMW R1200RT SE. SERV Volunteer.

Farmkhana was funny until they explained the joke. Anyone with eyes could see all the continuity issues etc. It was a nice parody until they decided to explain it all :roll:

--

Discoc*nts

1st and 3rd places FECPOTY Shed of the Year 2016

NotoriousREV said...

Farmkhana was funny until they explained the joke. Anyone with eyes could see all the continuity issues etc. It was a nice parody until they decided to explain it all :roll:

agree,

--

Cheers

Rich

Zonda_ said...

I don't like where the test driver says "Let's do this!" or something equally cringeworthy when she starts and then silence. Either she speaks or she doesn't!

She has to say something because otherwise she's too much like the Stig and lawyers would start writing strongly worded letters.

--

Haven't watched the latest one yet, but I can forgive them anything for referencing Derek and Clive by calling Alfie Boe, "Alfie Noakes". :lol:

Surprised the 720s wasn't faster than the 650, but as they said in an uncharacteristically geeky way, the 650 was on Trofeo Rs and the 720 wasn't.

Still not convinced by its looks, although it is at least, different.
I'd still have a 488 or a Performante over one.

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

NotoriousREV said...

you just have to read some of the comments on the official released farmkhana vid on youtube to understand why they need to explain it

--

Existence is pain ...

WIBBLE

I thought this series has been head and shoulders above the first one.
Farmkhana was funny, especially the dubbed violent gearchange sound effects and Clarkson's feet dancing close up.
A worthy p1ss take of Hoonigan.
LOL at Go Amateur cameras and the Audi swap too.
How painful did that crash into the ditch look, regardless of the low speed?! :shock:

But my hats go off to the guys for the previous episode's "unscripted" piece. Great direct riposte to all the "it's too scripted" whingers. :lol:

--

www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

David_Yu said...

Farmkhana was funny, especially the dubbed violent gearchange sound effects and Clarkson's feet dancing close up.
How painful did that crash into the ditch look, regardless of the low speed?! :shock:

But my hats go off to the guys for the previous episode's "unscripted" piece. Great direct riposte to all the "it's too scripted" whingers. :lol:

I told Porter that the Unscripted film was TGTs India Special. He didn't not agree with me.

--

Discoc*nts

1st and 3rd places FECPOTY Shed of the Year 2016

I think the improvements come from them actually listening to the criticisms (losing "the American" for instance) rather than taking the p:as out of feedback on purpose. That was the buggest issue with the first series.

--

Cheers

Rich

Zonda_ said...

_Who_ said...

Was amusing but they should have mentioned there were at least 2 Imprezas as it clearly had a large roll cage in some scenes then nothing in others. They'd picked up on Hammond fir driving 2 different cars in the same piece so it would have made sense.

Really? Did you not get the whole point of that piece? :lol:

Agree with the cringeworthy scripted utterings of female Stig though. Let her talk naturally throughout or not at all.

--

www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

David_Yu said...

This series has been much better and the family are very much enjoying it. I think my main annoyance with the format is that they still think they're being really clever at times (like not properly introducing Abbie Eaton, or their more smutty jokes) when they just come across as utterly naff and cringeworthy.

--

Cheers,

Mike.

Quite a good episode this week. Hands up who looked on Autotrader for XJRs afterwards?

Shame about Hammond and the 420. I got the impression that they genuinely didn't want to do that. Can he drive any car and not break it?

--

_Who_ said...

Quite a good episode this week. Hands up who looked on Autotrader for XJRs afterwards?

I've been into X308 XJR's since TG Mag's editor Kevin Blick had one in 1998.

Beautiful cars.

Only watched the first 35 mins or so on the train. Some genuine laughs in there so far. I am enjoying this series.

--

Wow was I impressed

Yep, Jag episode was a good one. Skiing bit looked scary as hell (then great once they got onto the wider stuff).

--

Because V8

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular