Forums > Any other business > The Grand Tour

THE GRAND TOUR
Prev | 1..6..89101112 | Next

Mito Man said...

Rich B said...

Mito Man said...

It does say 12+ on it though, so you can't really complain that it contains stuff you wouldn't want a younger person to hear.

yet the humour level is clearly aimed at 12 and under.

It's like making new episodes of "in the night garden" with a gruesome axe murder scene. Who's it supposed to appeal to now?

I'm going to take a guess that it's aimed at people aged 12 and above.
I think the main issue is that people just expect it to be Top Gear but it's a new show. Top Gear still exists for those wanting to watch something with a younger audience. This is something new so why is there an expectation that it will appeal to all ages?

Well it doesn't appeal to an older audience does it. The "jokes" are the same level as the worst TG episodes - have you seen it?!

--

Cheers

Rich

I thought I'd read that they had dropped 4k as it was too expensive to film and edit and they'd blown most of the budget in year 1.

But then Bri Drought told me on FB that it was in 4K HDR so after literally 5 minutes trawling through Amazon's inexplicably crap UI, I finally found it.

After tweaking the HDR picture mode, it does indeed look stunning and you can see every wrinkle on the Three Stooges even more clearly. :lol:

Actually, the metallic flake on the NSX and Aventador did look better than I've ever seen on a TV.

Watching the crash footage again, I cannot for the life of me work out why Hamster still appeared to have his foot hard in 300m after the finish line.
After doing multiple runs, surely he could remembers where the finish line was by the last run? :?

And I forgot that he actually did use those fateful words "Watch this!" just before setting off! :lol:

I wonder if May's anecdote about the wreckage continuing to reignite 5 days after the crash was factually true?
Sounds like a right hazard if so...

It was a customer car too, one of 8 and completely irreplaceable as Rimac have already moved production onto a new range. Owner must be gutted.

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

Really good episode this week. The alarm clock tickled me but the office car park racing was genuinely brilliant! Some proper driving by some of those workers, particularly the M3.

--

Defacing the evo forum since 2000

The tall lady driving the Elise 8)

--

M235i

The New York race one last week was pretty bad tbh... Glad the GT is coming back so he can actually tell us something interesting about it...

Edited for Pugrallye logic.

Updated December 22, 2017 at 10:20 AM

really enjoyed this weeks episode

hmm how many ringers where in the company car race thou :twisted:

--

Existence is pain ...

WIBBLE

Mr Pisch said...

how many ringers where in the company car race thou :twisted:

100% of them?

--

Discoc*nts

1st and 3rd places FECPOTY Shed of the Year 2016

NotoriousREV said...

Mr Pisch said...

how many ringers where in the company car race thou :twisted:

100% of them?

Well the Astra's plate was VX17 VNB, which is a very 'Vauxhall press fleet' plate.

--

Just watching ep2. I was never bothered about the Ford GT, then I saw v max mode... I FVCKING WANT IT. 8)

--

Cheers

Rich

I found episode 3 sub average. I fast forwarded parts. In summary it was shvt.

I only ever enjoy the long road trip bits as with every car TV show. The Ford GT, the Chiron, the hillclimb was kinda ruined coz we all knew how it would end...

I don't know why they bother with all the other sh1t. Just borrow a good car or 3 three and go on a road trip...

--

How about not having a sig at all?

Rich B said...

Just watching ep2. I was never bothered about the Ford GT, then I saw v max mode... I FVCKING WANT IT. 8)

I rewound and played that bit 3 times :D

--

Impreza WRX STi Spec-C V-Limited Toshi Arai Edition/ GT-R/ Audi S4

Mark BT52 said...

Rich B said...

I rewound and played that bit 3 times :D

i did a proper involuntary wide eyed "fvcking cool", then like you, rewound it!

--

Cheers

Rich

Rich B said...

Your avatar provides a clue as to why this resonates so much with us! :lol:

--

It feels like that. Like a donkey. On a skateboard.

JL said...

Rich B said...

Your avatar provides a clue as to why this resonates so much with us! :lol:

Don't know what you're talking about.

--

Got round to watching a few episodes now. It's all a bit "meh" although the wife thinks it's improved a lot and the kids still like it and laugh at the jokes. Still having to skip over bits of the hilarious studio banter (talk about sex workers and mention of shagging spring to mind) so I'm still not entirely sure who they're aiming it at.

Hammond's caricature of himself is beyond irritating now and I find even Clarkson's verbal style and tics are just annoying and seem even more exaggerated for effect than ever before.

The new celeb race thing is an improvement but seems to be on a really crappy track that presumably is near the tent so they're having to talk up how amazing it is.

And did I miss the point where they properly introduced their new track driver or did they just refer to her as "she" throughout?

Bah humbug, I know.

--

Cheers,

Mike.

I've quite liked the episodes so far, they have actually been based around cars for a start.

I also liked the way they acknowledged that the American was a sh:t idea and everyone hated it.

Updated December 24, 2017 at 10:30 AM

--

Cheers

Rich

Ascender said...

And did I miss the point where they properly introduced their new track driver or did they just refer to her as "she" throughout?

That does sound like the type of patter they would find hilarious.

I tried to watch the first episode and couldn't get through it, not bothered with the rest of it.

--

I often drive for a road travel

Looked for it on YouTube but couldn't find it.

Rich B said...

I've quite liked the episodes so far, they have actually been based around cars for a start.

I also liked the way they acknowledged that the American was a sh:t idea and everyone hated it.

This.

Ford GT was 8). Don't want one though :?

--

“Agree. F430 Scud was the best automated manual ever created for me.” Harry Metcalfe, Dec ‘17.

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular