Forums > Gaming > Todays Elite vid

TODAYS ELITE VID
Prev | 123456 | Next

Sorry typo - meant rare goods, as in the 'underground' map a few posts back.

--

https://www.youtube.com/user/ilmostro749

ilmostro said...

GG

Top tips :D

Realised that I've at least another 10M+ credits to spend on my Cobra before it's anywhere near optimised for cargo hauling + light pirate hunting. And then I start engineering it.

Shame the FDL has such a borked jump range, you really need to tow it behind something else between systems.

RobYob said...

Shame the FDL has such a borked jump range, you really need to tow it behind something else between systems.

Yeah. One thing everyone was crying out for since day one was the option to have you ships transferred, which was introduced 5 months ago if that. So now a lot of combat types get an Asp with modded jump range, fly to where they want, and get the FDL transferred there for a fee.

Which is why I still think the Asp is probably the most versatile ship, though as mention in those vids, the Python is good. It's pricier though, and the jump range isn't as good.

I think my Asp is around 50Ly jump range, 200 with Neutron star boost! :D

--

So the money from the community event got me fiddling with my Cobra 3 and now it's a space taxi rather than space truck.

Have really enjoyed the couple of VIP sightseeing missions so far and fuel scooping is a lot of fun, only a couple of hundred light years hops each but I'm tempted to go for a 6000LY one for 4M credits + a shedload of explorer data.

Either that or I've just got the Farseer engineer invite....

Due to a bit of luck and one of last weekends Community Goals having some wonky numbers I scored 17million credits for 28units of hybrid capacitors and phase alloys which was literally what I had lying around in the hold from a month of random salvages :D

The other CG though appears totally broken so I might get nothing at all for my Guardian relics (having ventured into solo mode for the first time as the open instance was crowded!).

The guardian 101 obelisk mission set sounds like an interesting way to see more of the galaxy though and nets 100MC if completed.

RobYob said...

The guardian 101 obelisk mission set sounds like an interesting way to see more of the galaxy though and nets 100MC if completed.

Yeah - It was really good, especially in open, though I was doing it when I came out 12 months ago, and it was bugged, so I never got more than 35 items. I'm currently playing the 2nd account, and about 10000 LY out. I got left behind the main group, as I didn't have the time to play it everyday (even though I seem to be permanently logged in). :lol:

--

The amount of work to solve the Guardian Obelisks originally must've been enormous, the guide that's available now makes it seem reasonable to do solo in a handful of days. I hope the first ones to complete it unaided got a badge or something!

Oh and the Guardian CG has been "fixed" by Devs now apparently.

Those asteroid bases look awesome, is that on the way to Colonia?

RobYob said...

handful of days. I hope the first ones to complete it unaided got a badge or something!

Oh and the Guardian CG has been "fixed" by Devs now apparently.

Those asteroid bases look awesome, is that on the way to Colonia?

Yeah - there have been some stunning locations on route.

There are some amazingly clever people playing Elite (like actual NASA engineers).

Figuring out the Embedded Morse code in the Unknown probes was genius.

Yeah - the clicks / whale noises are a message!

UA

Updated February 12, 2018 at 8:15 PM

--

I might have a problem, looked at the latest cosmetics sale and though "My Cobra would look really good in Gold and £3 is a bargain"

Thankfully a solid blow to the head from the CFO cured me of this though.

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular